The Lilies All Do...

Yes, leave it with Him,
The lilies all do,
And they grow --
They grow in the rain,
And they grow in the dew --
Yes, they grow:
They grow in the darkness, all hid in the night --
They grow in the sunshine, revealed by the light --
Still they grow.
Yes, leave it with Him,
It's more dear to His heart,
You will know,
Than the lilies that bloom,
Or the flowers that start
'Neath the snow:
Whatever you need, if you seek it in prayer,
You can leave it with Him -- for you are His care.
You, you know.                          Anonymous

                     
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of
the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 

Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was
dressed like one of these."                 Matthew 6:27-29

2 comments:

  1. My all-time favorite flower is a lily! Most of my lilies are several inches out of the ground and I am so anxious -maybe I should say, excited :)- for them to bloom! Beautiful poem! This verse has always been a challenge for me, as I'm naturally a worrier. I'm constantly reminded that He will provide!!

    In His Lo♥e, Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is my favorite time of year. I just love to see the new bulbs and buds come out too!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete